Date:      Wed, 7 Oct 1998 11:00:09 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        drussell@saturn-tech.com (Doug Russell)
Cc:        alk@pobox.com, hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sony CDU926S

Doug Russell wrote...

> On Thu, 1 Oct 1998, Kenneth D. Merry wrote:
>
> > Tony Kimball wrote...
> > > Is anyone using this CD-R drive succesfully with CAM?
> >
> > Talk to Parag Patel <parag@cgt.com>.  He submitted a quirk entry to disable
> > multi-LUN probing for that drive.
>
> Interesting counter-question....  Does anyone have one working properly
> (cdrecord) WITHOUT CAM?  I think I MUST be doing something wrong here.
>
> I have everything (as far as I can tell) configured properly, cdrecord
> -checkdrive, etc... finds the drive and reports it as a 926, using the 924
> driver, etc.  I can get through dummy data and audio writes with no
> errors, and even burn the disks with no errors, however, they don't have
> any information on them!  :)  An audio CD comes out with all the tracks,
> but they all just sound like clicks.  (The data reads a long string of
> NULLs, then a little data, if you read the file back in with tosha.)
>
> A 9660 FS supposedly burned onto a disc is not mountable.  (It seems to be
> recorded just like the audio... no data.)
>
> What might I be doing wrong here?  The drive is on an NCR-810 with a Sony
> CDU-411 or some such number 12x CD-ROM as the only other device.  Works
> fine from WinNT.
>
> Anything wack-o that has to be done to make this work?

Well, one thing you didn't mention is the command line arguments you used
with cdrecord to record the audio tracks.

Keep in mind that you need the -swab flag to cdrecord, otherwise the audio
tracks will come out sounding like garbage.

You might also want to try the cdrecord port that Jean-Marc checked in last
night.  It could be that you're running into a bug that has been fixed.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@plutotech.com