Date:      Sun, 23 May 1999 14:43:11 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        Kit Mitchell <kit@hypostasis.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cron and Lynx

Kit Mitchell wrote:

> It seems I may have been barking in the wrong direction Anyone able
> to suggest why lynx is unable to access a page when run from cron ?
> using the cron line
>
> */5 * * * * /usr/local/bin/lynx -dump http://192.168.1.254:84/shell/show+ip+interfaces
>
> give the response below. the same command at the command line is OK -
> would this imply an effect of the restricted environment?

Do you have any proxy settings in your normal environment, which aren't
in the Cron environment? Running lynx with ktrace in the crontab may
also give some clues, but how helpful they'd be I don't know.

> Exiting via interrupt: 15

Any idea where lynx could be getting that from? What could be sending
lynx a SIGTERM while it's doing it's stuff? That could well be the
problem.

--
Ben Smithurst
ben@scientia.demon.co.uk