Date:      Tue, 30 Jul 1996 13:16:21 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      caseq@sharks.kylmedia.fi (Andrew Kosyakov)
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wanted best serail board 8-16 port

  Hi!

Quoting John Hart:
> > I have tried boca bb1004 card.
[skipped]
> fixed that and our Boca runs great now.
I wonder, does anyone use boca bb1004 or bb1008 for plugging in dialup modems,
not terminals? We recently bought bb1008 and I found that its connectors are
RJ12, which have only six pins, connected to RTS, TX, RX, CTS and two grounds.
And DCD & DTR just didn't fit :-( And, besides that, my only current
modem, internal Courier V.34b (with FIFO, of course), has about 10 "silo
overflows" per day on non-loaded pentium 150. So, I wonder, how 8 fast modems
would behave with non-intellectual board?

--
Sincerely yours
							/&rew

***
Andrew V. Kosyakov, Chance Publishing House, System Administrator
caseq@chance.ru, 2:5030/31@Fidonet.Org, +7(812)210-8046
PGP key fingerprint: BA A8 48 20 E4 AE 9C 52  C5 5F C3 B8 1E 67 2C BF