Date:      Wed, 05 Mar 2003 15:24:10 -0800
From:      Maksim Yevmenkin <myevmenk@exodus.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Cc:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bluetooth stack for FreeBSD

Dear Hackers,

I'm very pleased to announce that another release is available for
download at

http://www.geocities.com/m_evmenkin/ngbt-fbsd-20030305.tar.gz

The Bluetooth sockets layer has been cleaned up. People should not
see any WITNESS complains with new code. Locking issues have been
revisited and code in much better shape now, although it probably
is not 100% SMP ready just yet. The code should work on SMP system
anyway because sockets layer is still under Giant. Minor bug in
OpenOBEX library has been fixed and OPEX Put-Empty command now works.
Also ng_ubt(4) now supports Wireless Transceiver for Bluetooth from
Microsoft. Thanks to Dustin Boontheekul <dboonthe@math.okstate.edu>
for testing.

IMPORTANT!

Due to changes in API userland tools must be in sync with the kernel.
People should install new include files, recompile and reinstall all
userland tools as part of upgrade. I'm sorry about that.

IMPORTANT!

New taskqueue_swi_giant has been introduces recently in FreeBSD.
The socket code has been converted to use it. If you system is
not recent you will need

1) upgrade to recent -current
or
2) change taskqueue_swi_giant to taskqueue_swi and compile code.

People are advised to upgrade and try the new code. Please do ask
question and submit success stories/bug reports to me. Please also
CC to one the FreeBSD mailing lists (mobile, net or current) for
archive purposes.

thanks,
max