Date:      Mon, 19 Aug 2002 21:04:05 +0200
From:      Christoph Franke <Franke.Christoph@gmx.de>
To:        brian@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: leafnode-1.9.24

Dear Maintainer,

the leafnode port doesn=B4t work on my freebsd 4.6.2 system. An error
message occurs i found in similar on the usenet (Message ID of this
thread is fa.nnvvn5v.1220aah@ifi.uio.no):

> Jul 16 12:06:09 martin leafnode[48317]: Problem: your kernel cannot deal
> with 4.4BSD-style IP aliases properly. SIOCGIFADDR for interface ed0
> address 6.3.6.0 yields 10.0.0.140 -> mismatch. Configure Solaris-style
> aliases like ed0:0 instead. Ignoring this interface, addresses in its
> range will be considered remote.

On my system the network device is a 3Com NIC, so it is called xl0, but
the error message is the same. Kernel is GENERIC plus soundcard plus a
psm flag.

BTW: Where should the environment variable NNTPSERVER be set to be
global for the whole system=3F

Greetings

Christoph Franke
Hanover
Germany

--=20
There's a race between Programmers making better idiot-proof Software
versus Universe making better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning
GnuPG Fingerprint: 8B41 898E 0A6F E219 5056  1BBE 5A9D 06A6 C80B 7B6F
Registered Linux User: 250439 The Linux Counter http://counter.li.org