Date:      Tue, 2 Oct 2001 20:22:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   pkg_create help needed.

I need to take a directory of 'stuff'
which includes a script install.sh
and make it into a package..
I have had some success but it's not quite right..

What I'd like to make it do is:
  unpack the 'stuff' into a temporary directory somewhere.
  run the install script
  delete the install directory

The trouble is that I can't work out how to get the files
unpacked there and have the install script get them from there..

I can get it to unpack them into the final locations, and I can get the
install script to run and find them there, but I need the install script
to modify stuff and I'd rather have it all done in the temp
directory if possible, and then istalled into the final
location..
also I have can not make the @srcdir option work in the packing list..
does it work?
(-s seems to work)