Date:      Wed, 29 Aug 2001 14:14:17 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?B?Qm9yaXMgS/ZzdGVy?= <koester@x-itec.de>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   major problem with freebsd-stable for me

Hello,

problem: bootup-problem after compiling kernel / make world on laptop.
Tried several times, complete reformatted the drive, everything.. it
must be a freebsd problem.

Model: sony laptop celeron 600 64 MB Ram PCX-FC101 with additional
PCMCIA network card.

details: laptop boots up until "mounting drive xyz", and the next
step, "pccard in slot 0" or similar does not come up, the laptop
freezes completely.

workaround for me: -((( loading the GENERIC kernel, nothing else
works.

Since 2 days I am compiling and cvsupping without success.

Reading the Changelog I could expect that this could have some errors:

20010814:
        The pci attachment for pcic device was merged from current.  You
        should update your pccardd at the same time as you update your
        kernel.

        Note: Interrupts will now be shared between the CardBus bridge
        and the cards.  This is a change over the hand configuration
        before.

--
Boris