Date:      Wed, 26 Feb 1997 05:28:59 +0800
From:      sweeting@tm.net.my
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ooops - what have i done ? (was  Re: Help "Can't find Kernel image." ? )

Thank you very much for this incredibly swift response .

>Somehow all of bin didn't make it.  Try reinstalling, and make sure you
>get all the bin files.  also make sure you use binary mode and that they
>area ll the same size except the last one.

I checked with my NT box where i have the 2.1.6 distribution and
it seems that i do have  all of the distribution ( 72 files, same total size)
on the compaq aero. I know that this files work since i used the exact same
2.1.6 files to install on another PC here.....

yet i still got the "cannot find distribution" followed by
 "can't find kernel image to link to on the root file system. you're going to
 have a hard time getting the sustemt to boot from the HD, i'm afraid"
errors.

So,  last desperate resort : i went into "expert mode" and not sure what i
did but the entire bin distribution has been unpacked to /
and now it is unpacking /manpages ......

... lord knows where i will go from here.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Chas.