Date:      Thu, 28 Nov 1996 22:01:47 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD-current users)
Cc:        dawes@rf900.physics.usyd.edu.au (David Dawes)
Subject:   Re: DEC DLT2700 stacker now works!

As David Dawes wrote:

> >Do you know whether all Quantum DLT's are auto-loaders?  In this case,
> >it would be safe to say:
>
> Not all are auto-loaders, The auto loaders match "DLT?[57]*".  The
> "DLT?0* models are just plain drives.

Hmm, so it would be interesting to know whether the non auto-loaders
will also grok SC_MORE_LUS, and respond to LUN 0 only.  This way, we
could still use a single record for all drives.  True regexps are not
supported, alas, only the trailing asterisk.  (Perhaps we should
support the question mark, too, so the above would yield just two
records.  That's still not too bad.)

--
cheers, J"org