Date:      Sat, 01 Jul 2000 23:47:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        gouders@et.bocholt.fh-gelsenkirchen.de
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: More problems...

On 01-Jul-00 gouders@et.bocholt.fh-gelsenkirchen.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having one more problem (sorry for bothering you at a frequency
> of nearly 1/60 Hz):
>
> What I this time cannot solve is a part of the answer to the question
> "How are Plug N Play ISA cards detected and initialized?" of the
> hackers section of the FAQ.  The underlined part of the following is
> not absolutely clear to me (maybe because I am not a hacker or
> because of my poor English) and therefore I'm not exactly sure how to
> say it in German:
>
> However by examining the BIOS info plus the ECU info, the probe
>                                                       ~~~~~~~~~
> routines can cause the devices that are PnP to avoid those devices the
> probe code cannot relocate.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eek, that is rough in English.  Here is perhaps a clearer English
version which may (or may not) help with the translation:

However, by examining the BIOS info and the ECU info, device
driver probe routines can change the resources of PnP devices
to avoid using resources already taken by other drivers.

Hope this helps.

> I would be glad if I someone could help me with this.
>
> Dirk

Also, if anyone likes that English version better, let me know
and I'll commit it.