Date:      Thu, 23 Jan 2003 19:20:55 +0200
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        ben@timing.com, freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: _REENTRANT in math.h & libm oddities.

--17pEHd4RhPHOinZp

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 10:13:35AM -0700, M. Warner Losh wrote:
[snip]
> :   Also note that there are reentrant API's available for gammaf & lgamm=
a:
> : gammaf_r and lgammaf_r, but there are no prototypes for these in
> : math.h. Additionally, there is no mention of the four functions
> : gamma_r, lgamma_r, gammaf_r, and lgammaf_r on the lgamma(3) man page.
>=20
> This is likely also an issue.
>=20
> :   Is it worthwhile to work up a patch to:
> :   - remove _REENTRANT from math.h (and replace with _THREAD_SAFE if
> :     people think that is appropriate)
>=20
> I'd remove it completely, unless the standard's wonks think some name
> space pollution avoiding typedef is necessary.
>=20
> :   - add prototypes for gammaf_r & lgammaf_r to math.h
>=20
> I'd add it as above.
>=20
> :   - update the lgamma(3) man page to mention gamma_r, lgamma_r, gammaf_=
r,
> :     and lgammaf_r
>=20
> Safe.

With all this talk of removing / adding prototypes, and generally
changing math.h, I hope that both you and the original poster are aware
of the several math.h discussion threads on the -standards list :)

G'luck,
Peter

--=20
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net	roam@FreeBSD.org
I am jealous of the first word in this sentence.

--17pEHd4RhPHOinZp

--17pEHd4RhPHOinZp--