Date:      Wed, 28 Aug 1996 10:40:16 -0700
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        "Kevin P. Neal" <kpneal@pobox.com>
Cc:        "Michael L. VanLoon" <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>, Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>, Karl Denninger <karl@mcs.net>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UID < 65535?

Kevin P. Neal wrote:

> Reece: Because I'm afraid that the BSD copyright isn't enough to keep the
>        code from disappearing from the net.
>
> Me: When has a BSD-style copyright not been enough to keep code on the net?
>
> Reece: The original CMU AFS code had a BSD-style copyright on it. Where
>        can it be found now?

BSD copyright only lets a person stop TEHIR OWN ADDITIONS from going
on teh net..

once he's released it, how can someone else take it OFF the net..
the original developers of AFS changed the copyright..
if it was originally a BSD copyright, then if you can
get a copy of an original release with that copyright, you are still
legally able to use it..

what;s to say that after he's released it under GNU, HE doesn't later
decide to revoke it and sell it to transarc?
the GNU copyleft specifically says that teh copyright holder
can do that...