Date:      Mon, 22 Mar 1999 14:57:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jesse <j@lumiere.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   procmail: Out of memory

Hi,

I'm running a mail server which delivers mail through procmail. I believe
it takes on the uid of the user it's delivering to.

The problem is that whenever someone sends a large mail I get this error:

Mar 22 14:54:50 nymph procmail[16806]: Out of memory as I tried to
allocate 5173839 bytes

/etc/login.conf has default set to this

        :datasize-cur=32M:\
        :stacksize-cur=16M:\
        :memorylocked-cur=20M:\
        :memoryuse-cur=60M:\

I assume this is the class that would affect a user who has no specific
class setup.

Is this the proper way to fix it? It doesn't seem to be working. Any
suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

---
Jesse <j@lumiere.net>
http://www.lumiere.net/