Date:      Tue, 6 Jul 1999 16:44:50 -0500
From:      Chris Costello <chris@calldei.com>
To:        Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
Cc:        "Brian F. Feldman" <green@FreeBSD.org>, Alex Zepeda <garbanzo@hooked.net>, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 'rtfm' script

On Tue, Jul 6, 1999, Doug wrote:
> 	Honestly, while this is one of those things that sounds good when
> you first start talking about it, in practice I don't see what we gain
> from it.

   What we gain from it is really simple and can be obtained from
looking at how it operates.  It's a starting point for newbies
looking for information.  Often, people will say "rtfm" when
someone asks for help on something that's pretty well documented.
I've known many a newbie to try and see if an rtfm command
exists.

--
Chris Costello                                <chris@calldei.com>
If you have a procedure with 10 parameters, you probably missed some.