Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 2001 07:03:16 -0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: current broken for a while

John Baldwin wrote:

> On 24-Jan-01 John Baldwin wrote:
> > I'm committing another big wad of code that all depends on each
> > other, so -current kernels are going to be broken for a while.
> > I'll send another mail when it is back to working again.
>
> Ok, it should be back to normal now.  Sorry this took so long.  Now I
> need to go take a long nap.....

Normal - as in "It compiles".  I would *strongly* caution anybody (even
more so than usual) about using -current where a crash would be bad. A lot
of new stuff went in and INVARIANTS and WITNESS are still finding some edge
cases.  The proc locking stuff is not yet finished, this part of the commit
has the files with dependencies on changes in other files.  There is more
to come.

Cheers,
-Peter