Date:      Wed, 9 Dec 1998 15:55:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
To:        spork <spork@super-g.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mousen

On Wed, 9 Dec 1998, spork wrote:

> What would really be nice is if someone made a keyboard with the built in
> "stick" that comes with the Thinkpads.  It's really nice to not have to
> move your hands off the keyboard to position the mouse...  Anyone ever
> seen one under $100?

I know more now.  Logitech makes one, found it in a catalog,
unbelieveably cheap ($49) but it's got a Windows label.  I *hate* buying
things with that label, because I suspect it means Microsoft has found a
way to make it work *only* with windows.

> As for the glidepoints, I haven't used one.  Cirque makes some neat ones,
> but the best features are lost when you go away from windows.  It lets you
> make a strip on the right side act as a scrollbar control for the active
> window.
>
> I found all kinds of stuff at cdw and insight by searching under "input
> devices" and then narrowing it down to weed out keyboards and joysticks...

The Logitech I meantioned is in their latest printed catalog.