Date:      Sun, 25 May 2003 10:42:39 +0200
From:      Hernani Marques Madeira <vx@tuners.ch>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        nunnari@die.supsi.ch
Subject:   Re: UDMA ICRC error

Hi@all
On Sunday 25 May 2003 09:15, David A Bestor wrote:
> I hit this 2 weeks ago when moving an 8gig to a 60 gig...
> I had the errors on the new 60gig. The errors went away
> when I changed the cable. It was connected on the IDE100
> slot. I changed the cable to the proper cable for that
> slot and that fixed it. I found the answer in a google
> search.

Yes, i can confirm that. I also changed the cables & found
the answer on groups.google.com, too ;-)
If you've bought a built pc-system it often happens that the
cables are of poor quality what would result in a falling
back to PIO mode. This seems to be the effect of the low
data integrity that is reached in conjunction with those
cables.

Hernani