Date:      Fri, 19 Feb 1999 09:30:09 -0500
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Michael Larsen <mlarsen@tech-nic.net>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fxp0 with 3.1-stable

At 12:25 PM 2/19/99 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi
>
>I know This has been mentioned previosly on the list, but I can't
>find any answers in the list arcrives.
>
>So.. After upgrading from 2.2.8 to RELENG_3 with cvsup ....
>learning from Jordan's nice discription....
>everything seems to work ok...
>...except from my NIC (fxp0 / Intel EtherExpress Pro/100 )..
>Evertime i use :
> ifconfig fxp0 inet 123.234.123.234 netmask 255.255.255.240
>it freezes, and only a reboot, can call it back to life :).
>Is this a know isue in 3.1?? or an I the isue ?? :)
>
>Any help appriciated.....

I am wondering if this has to do with the different versions of the fxp
card out there.  I know that the new cards are a pain in the ass to install
on NT because the drivers that come with the original NT server CD do not
work at all with the new cards.  Perhaps there is some version issue here.
The card that you have, is it one of the newer ones ?  The differences are
visually easy to spot.  The new cards are perfectly square, where as the
old ones have an irregular shape where the edge connector section is.

	---Mike