Date:      Thu, 4 Apr 1996 15:20:03 +0000
From:      "Frank ten Wolde" <franky@pinewood.nl>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   2.2-960323 Panic in mount_msdos

Hi,

I just tried to mount a Windows NT file system (NTFS) using:

	mount -t msdos /dev/sd0s2 /dos

(I thought it was an MSDOS-FAT file system :-).  The 2.2-960223-SNAPSHOT
of FreeBSD immediately paniced:

	fault virtual address	= 0xb2
	fault code		= supervisor read, page not present
	instruction pointer	= 0x8:0xb2
	code segment		= base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
				= DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
	processor eflags	= interrupt enable, resume, IOPL = 0
	current process		= 211 (mount_msdos)
	interrupt mask		=
	panic: page fault
	panic: unknown/reserved trap

I know you cannot mount an NTFS under FreeBSD, but at least the system
should not crash.

I just report this problem as I have too little knowledge of the internals
of the kernel to fix the problem myself :-)

Thanks,

-Frank ten Wolde

F.W. ten Wolde (PA3FMT)                       Pinewood Automation B.V.
E-mail: franky@pinewood.nl                    Kluyverweg 2a
Phone: +31-15 2682543                         2629 HT  Delft