Date:      Sun, 19 Dec 1999 15:32:34 -0500 (EST)
From:      David Miller <dmiller@search.sparks.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Alternate ftpd?

Hello all:)

I'm looking for an alternate ftpd which allows me to take certain
(configurable) actions based on the receipt of certain files.  For exmple,
I want to "process" a tar file full of jpg images upon receipt.

I know there are alternatives.  I can run swatch on the log file or
torture syslog to piping its output into something, but I think these are
all ugly kludges.  I know ncftpd sort of has this option, but it does it
by sending udp packets to a process which is supposed to be running and
not miss the packet.

I looked at the source for ftpd and got lost in the ftpcmd.y processing.
Adding a simple printf statement blows the whole thing out of the water.
All the ftp servers in the ports collection appear to have the same
structure.  troll counts on linux specific syscalls.

Any simple ftpd servers out there?  Any which have configurable actions to
handle incoming files?

Thanks,

--- David