Date:      Sun, 23 May 1999 12:56:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      <unknown@riverstyx.net>
To:        Shaun <shaun@thecore.com>
Cc:        Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>, Kit Mitchell <kit@hypostasis.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cron and Lynx

If I were you, I'd ditch the Lynx approach and use lwp-request from the
libwww Perl module.

NAME
       lwp-request, GET, HEAD, POST - Simple WWW user agent

SYNOPSIS
        lwp-request [-aeEdvhx] [-m method] [-b <base URL>] [-t <timeout>]
                    [-i <if-modified-since>] [-c <content-type>] [-C
<credentials>]
                    [-p <proxy-url>] [-o <format>] <url>...

I've used it to good effect in similar situations.

---
tani hosokawa
river styx internet