Date:      Fri, 1 Apr 2005 21:10:32 +0200
From:      Francois Tigeot <ftigeot@wolfpond.org>
To:        Bruno Van Den Bossche <brvdboss@spymac.com>
Cc:        dougb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Windowmaker crashes when kplayer is finished

On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 06:40:32PM +0200, Bruno Van Den Bossche wrote:
> Francois Tigeot wrote:
> >On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 02:15:00AM +0200, Palle Girgensohn wrote:
> >
> >>Any ideas about this:
> >>
> >I have not encountered the problem with kplayer, but have found
> >windowmaker-0.91.0 to break qt applications in general. See the details in
> >this PR: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/79086
>
> The qt-applications don't freeze as you mention in this PR.  What does
> seem to happen is they exist but aren't visible.
>
> e.g. when starting psi and then connecting to the jabber server it asks
> which profile to use.  However the dialog-window never appears on screen
> in WindowMaker.  Pressing return (i.e. selecting the default) makes psi
> go on.
>
> I assume the same happens in your case.

I have compiled a new windowmaker-0.91.0 with the new patch-net_wm_icon
file, and the problem still remains.

I can howewer confirm, the problem is exactly as you described it:
applications do not freeze, but they do not receive keyboard and mouse
input.

I have configured a key shortcut to maximize the current window with
wmpref. File/Open Location still reliably "freezed" konqueror as described
in the PR. I then activated the shortcut and the Open dialog appeared
fullscreen. I could then close it and continue to interact with konqueror
normally.

Thanks for your insight, now I know this is a real bug :)

--
Francois Tigeot