Date:      Thu, 14 Nov 1996 23:56:13 -0800
From:      "Pedro Giffuni S." <m230761@ingenieria.ingsala.unal.edu.co>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Secure RPC revisited

Petri Riihikallio wrote:

> It appears to be difficult to fully obey the U.S. law when exporting any
> computer product. If you ask any official opinion it is probably negative just
> to be on the safe side. The opposite is to try your luck. With a free product
> that is not reasonable. The law is at fault, but it is the most constant part
> of this equation.

Well, there´s another solution, you can telnet to Canada, or another
part of the free world, and write your encryption there. Technically
speaking you are not exporting the software, but then Walnut Creek,
Netscape, IBM and the others should follow OpenBSD and move their
headquarters to Canada.
Is it posible to have a Blue Ribbon Campaign part II, to liberate free
software from "US military masterminds"? I´m sure many US companies are
having the same problem with their software and would support such a
campaign.

Pedro.