Date:      Fri, 19 Jun 2009 15:59:23 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Stef Walter <stef-list@memberwebs.com>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP: libpthread compat for 5.x and 6.x binaries

John Baldwin wrote:
> What I would like to find out is if there are any 5.x or 6.x binaries that use
> libpthread that do not run well with libthr.  You can test this by using a
> libmap.conf(5) file to remap libpthread to libthr.  For 5.x binaries you will
> want to remap libpthread.so.1 to libthr.so.1.  For 6.x binaries you will want
> to remap libpthread.so.2 to libthr.so.2.  This can be accomplished using
> an /etc/libmap.conf file that contains:

I'm running about a hundred jails with a libmap.conf file like that. In
order to run 32-bit 6.x jails on FreeBSD 7.2 64-bit...

The only time I've seen a problem, is when a threaded application binary
is compiled statically. Apparently mysql is built statically sometimes.
Obviously in these cases libmap.conf can't kick in.

Cheers,

Stef Walter