Date:      Tue, 17 Oct 1995 05:13:55 +0300 (MSK)
From:      =?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?= (aka Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage) <ache@astral.msk.su>
To:        "Kaleb S. KEITHLEY" <kaleb@x.org>
Cc:        hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: A couple problems in FreeBSD 2.1.0-950922-SNAP

In message <199510170159.VAA25639@exalt.x.org> Kaleb S. KEITHLEY
    writes:

>> >And this marvelous "extension" breaks programs, as you've found with
>> >the XFree86 xterm.
>>
>> Well, shure, it seems that you not expect that propogating code
>> table to 8859-1 BREAKS XTERM in the same way! Because when LANG
>> set to 8859-1 our cases are equal!

>I don't believe this. If this were true then all the XFree86 users in
>Europe would be screaming bloody murder; probably even more than they
>were prior to XFree86 3.1.1, when the i18n aware xterm was introduced.

startup_locale does nothing expect loading of tables. The same tables
as in your case. But internal ctype structure is very different
comparing SVR4 f.e. It is play role here.

--
Andrey A. Chernov        : And I rest so composedly,  /Now, in my bed,
ache@astral.msk.su       : That any beholder  /Might fancy me dead -