Date:      Thu, 09 Jul 1998 11:35:33 +0200
From:      Stefan Eggers <seggers@semyam.dinoco.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>, Stefan Eggers <seggers@semyam.dinoco.de>
Subject:   Re: Someone working on swapoff?

> > already and one would have to support swapon for compatibility at least
> > for a while.  That's like pstat and swapinfo.
>
> That's the other one to merge into swap(1), swapinfo/pstat(1).

What do the open file table, the terminal state and the like to do
with swapping?  One can talk about moving swapinfo functionality fro
pstat(1) to a new swap management command but the rest has to stay.

> needed first. But didn't think it was too early to start thinking about
> the name. But mostly I'm thinking about how it gets used. Bouncing

I think swapctl as we already have manctl, pppctl and sysctl in
/usr/sbin.  Once one gets the idea it's simple to remember.

Stefan.
--
Stefan Eggers                 Lu4 yao2 zhi1 ma3 li4,
Max-Slevogt-Str. 1            ri4 jiu3 jian4 ren2 xin1.