Date:      Mon, 07 Mar 2005 14:51:24 +0100
From:      Ramiro Aceves <ea1abz@wanadoo.es>
To:        gbentley@uk2.net, freebsd-questions-en <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Compiling XFE

Graham Bentley wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I admit, I am a lazy admin and like clicking with a mouse
> whilst talking on the phone, drinking tea and eating toast.
> I got used to XFE from using Linux and have enjoyed it in
> FreeBSD - until I installed it under 5.3

I am also an XFE fan, I love the command line also, but XFE is very
useful for browsing the directories and making massive copying of files.

> Now it core dumps for no reason whatsoever. At any time.
>
> My installation was package originally so I updated ports
> and compiled XFE - but no difference - it still bombs out.

I have just updated the ports collection and tried to compile XFE but is
is marked as broken:

#make install clean
xfe-0.72_1 is marked as broken: Does not build with current fox-devel
version.

Update your ports collection and you will get the same error as mine.
(Before updating the ports collection I had the same error as yours)

I think is is a matter of waiting for them to fix it.

I have tried to fix the makefile but I am not an expert and I abandoned.

Ramiro.