Date:      Tue, 18 Mar 2003 08:36:24 -0700
From:      Duncan Patton a Campbell <campbell@neotext.ca>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Wireless encryption

--1K59'V9L2=.SkS7o

So here goes another post that will be seen as off-topic...

I am looking for 802.11x encryption software.

The issues are:

- ease of use/installation/upgrade
- commonality of operation
- Applicability to a WinDose environment AND *nix (not gonna convert the world
  tomorrow)
- interoperability with PK schemas and *nix servers

Currently I am looking at a package called NE2 from Calgary.  It has
some nice features (like hardware feedback that vastly complicates
hacking it thru state-modeling) but there are some serious drawbacks:

- Point to point only
- Unpublished algorythm (I may know what it does, but there has been no public critique)
- lengthly session startup

Any comments/suggestions would be welcome.  If there is interest, I will
summarize and post them (here ;-).

Dhu

--1K59'V9L2=.SkS7o

--1K59'V9L2=.SkS7o--