Date:      Tue, 23 Apr 1996 17:05:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Steve Reid <steve@edmweb.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   tape drive... how to use?

I have a SCSI-II Conner Tape-Stor 4000 installed and working. My question
is, how do I use the thing?

I've tried tar'ing files, and it seems to work, but I can't tell for sure.
I've checked the man pages for mt, tar and dump, but it doesn't seem to
help much. I just tried restoring a file I tar'ed, but after spinning the
tape for a while tar couldn't find it.

I would like to be able to back up this machine and another to this tape
drive. The two machines are connected over an ethernet, and I'm running
ssh.

Please help. I've never really used a tape drive before...

| Steve Reid - SysAdmin & Pres, EDM Web (http://www.edmweb.com/)    |
| Email: steve@edmweb.com   Home Page: http://www.edmweb.com/steve/ |
| PGP Fingerprint: 11 C8 9D 1C D6 72 87 E6  8C 09 EC 52 44 3F 88 30 |
|              -- Disclaimer: JMHO, YMMV, IANAL. --                 |