Date:      Tue, 5 Jul 2005 20:12:47 -0500
From:      Sean Welch <Sean_Welch@alum.wofford.org>
To:        Peter Grehan <grehan@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mac Mini and Xorg

On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 08:40:39AM +1000, Peter Grehan wrote:
>  Looks like you do need to build a new kernel. Anyways, it's about time
> I put together a new snapshot.

Okay -- is it sufficient to build a kernel with current sources or
will I need to do a buildworld as well?  Of course if you want to
throw together a new snapshot I'd be more than willing to test it
out for you.  ;-)

>  The Xorg radeon driver needs to be patched - see the 'Known Issues'
> section on the ppc page.

I saw that... are the changes such that they could be included in
the port as a patch that does not conflict with other arches?  (I'll
have a look at what they are...)  It could be worth shooting it over
to Eric Anholt for inclusion if so.

>  The main problem I've had with Xorg on the mini is that switching back
> to a VTY seems to leave the screen in a very darkened state: it's
> difficult to read the text. Maybe some X gurus out there can diagnose
> that problem.

Okay.  Maybe I can take a look at it when I get it running.  Does
dpms work?  If so, does putting the display to sleep bring
brightness back to normal levels?  Or is it just the VTY that is
dim?

Thanks for the response!

Sean