Date:      Sun, 18 Jul 1999 22:22:35 -0400
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <vanderh@ecf.utoronto.ca>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        Peter Jeremy <jeremyp@gsmx07.alcatel.com.au>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: telnetd

On Sun, Jul 18, 1999 at 05:44:39PM -0600, Warner Losh wrote:

> True, but since some of what I'm doing is making sure that there are
> no security implications to some of the paths, doing that would be
> useless, since that wouldn't be what is checked into the system.  We
> really don't need the ifdefs for solaris, cray, etc, do we?

#if     defined(CRAY2) && defined(UNICOS5)
        if (!linemode) {
[...]
        }
#endif  /* defined(CRAY2) && defined(UNICOS5) */

And around that, there should probably be a #ifdef LINEMODE to boot.

Please trash them.  Especially the termio vs. termios ones.

It's not that I'm anti-portability, it's just that we very rarely
come-up with a usermode program that is worth exporting.

I like this one even better,

#if     defined(LINEMODE) && defined(KLUDGELINEMODE)
[...]
                        if (lmodetype < KLUDGE_LINEMODE) {
                                lmodetype = KLUDGE_LINEMODE;
                                clientstat(TELOPT_LINEMODE, WILL, 0);
                                send_wont(TELOPT_SGA, 1);
                        } else if (lmodetype == NO_AUTOKLUDGE) {
                                lmodetype = KLUDGE_OK;
                        }
#endif  /* defined(LINEMODE) && defined(KLUDGELINEMODE) */

[It looks like the stupid thing is a runtime option anyways, after the
 #ifdefs...]

In the first 90% of sys_term.c, I'm not sure I could find more than a
couple sets of 25 contiguous lines that don't contain at least one #if
or #endif...

--
This is my .signature which gets appended to the end of my messages.