Date:      Wed, 10 Jul 1996 21:49:26 -0700
From:      David Greenman <davidg@root.com>
To:        Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard), hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Some recent changes to GENERIC

>> Ok, Joe, I'm going to put back sio2 and sio3 for you, OK?
>
>I don't appreciate your tone.

(...lots of mutual bickering deleted)

   I think folks need to step back, calm down, take a deep breath, and put
this all into perspective. We're talking about a couple of serial port units.
It's not the end of the world no matter how it turns out and it certainly
isn't worth an argument degenerating into the personal one that it has.
   Jordan and I are both pretty stressed out right now. This is nothing new,
really - it happens every time that a release becomes emminent. Please try
to realize this and make an effort to keep the emotions toned down. It doesn't
take much to set off a firestorm right now, as this stupid squabble over
the serial port units has cleary demonstrated.
   It's not worth it, folks. It just isn't.

-DG

David Greenman