Date:      Fri, 23 Feb 2001 13:41:22 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Wake on Lan

> To follow up on myself, it seems to work on older Asus P2B-LS
> motherboards (onboard fxp).  But only after you shutdown FreeBSD via
> 'shutdown -p now'.  I don't suppose anybody knows which machines
> support this well?

The machine *should* support WOL from a cold power-on.  However, I do get
the impression that some adapters require some parting initialisation as
well.

You might want to check that eg. you've enabled it in the BIOS and
plugged the cable in the right place.  Apart from that, I can't really
offer any help. 8(