Date:      31 Mar 2014 04:26:47 -0000
From:      Larry Baird <lab@maxwell.gta.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Dimitry Andric <dim@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: merged llvm/clang 3.4

>>> I'm now testing something similar, which also tests the FreeBSD version,
>>> so it can be applied to head and then MFC'd.  I will commit it soon.
>> Glad to hear.  Adding an extra flag, to get applications to a state where
>> they could be debugged was unexpected.  I am sure I wouldn't have been the
>> only one surprised to find out that "cc -g" no longer works.
>
> Correction: cc -g works fine, you just need to use a non-ancient debugger.
> :-)
On a slightly different note, thanks for the hard work updating clang.

Your comment in a earlier thread about lldb, made me take a look at lldb's
status in regards to FreeBSD.  Lookin at the wiki
(https://wiki.freebsd.org/lldb), it looks like thinks are coming along
unless your using i386. Maybe one day FreeBSD will have a non-ancient
debugger. (-:

Larry Baird
Global Technology Associates, Inc. 1992-2012 	| http://www.gta.com
Celebrating Twenty Years of Software Innovation | Orlando, FL
Email: lab@gta.com                 		| TEL 407-380-0220