Date:      Mon, 26 Aug 2002 13:38:39 -0400
From:      Alan E <alane@geeksrus.net>
To:        David Yeske <dyeske@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>, alane@FreeBSD.ORG, Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD Ports List <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>, Will Andrews <will@csociety.org>
Subject:   Re: Shouldn't xmms-pipe be under audio, with all the other xmms-* plugins?

On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 04:37:21AM -0700, David Yeske wrote:
>There is a lot of grey area there, we have xmms plugins scattered all over the place...
>
>Although most of the vis plugins are under ports/graphics
>
>I noticed windowmaker has its own category. Should xmms have one also?

x11-wm is window *manager*, if that's what you are thinking. No, it
shouldn't, IMO.

>xmms-pipe doesn't actually require a sound card or have anything to do with sound, and either does
>xmms-alarm, although xmms-alarm is something that provides a clock that requires X...

xmms-pipe does the same thing that p5-Xmms does, except via a named pipe
instead of the built-in network control interface.

So, best argument I can make is, aside from the one that almost all but
vis are in audio, p5-Xmms, which provides analogous function, is in
audio, and I think xmms-pipe should go in the same place.

Besides, in case you hadn't noticed, it's done already.
--
AlanE
KDE-FreeBSD Team (http://freebsd.kde.org/)