Date:      Wed, 26 Mar 1997 00:58:31 +0100
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cool Web page interface to mail + search engine?

According to John Fieber:
> Many messages have reliable In-Reply-To fields, but enough don't
> that the best possible solution will need to use all three bits
> of information (message id, date, subject).

Some MUA like Mutt and GNUS/VM generate and use the News header References:
(and fallback to In-Reply-To: and subject sorting if not present).

When you have used this kind of program for, say, the FreeBSD lists, you
can't go back for another mailer.

I've been a Mutt-fan-from-Elm since July. Mutt is the best thing I've seen
as an text-based MUA these days.

--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: There are no limits -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
   FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 3.0-CURRENT #41: Sun Mar 23 23:01:22 CET 1997