Date:      Thu, 15 May 1997 23:44:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Josef Grosch <jgrosch@superior.mooseriver.com>
To:        randyk@ccsales.com (Randy A. Katz)
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What Printer To Get - Postscript

Randy A. Katz said:
>OK.
>
>So, I want to use FreeBSD and output in PostScript. What Laser Printer
>should I buy? Is the H-P LaserJet 5M a good idea or should I consider
>something else?
>
>Anyone with any experience(s) would be helpful...
>
>Thanx,
>Randy Katz

If I remember right the HP 5M is a nice printer. The HP 5P is also a nice
printer. If you have money to toss around a 5MP with the postscript option,
a jetdirect card and more memory is very nice. BUT, you don't have buy a
fancy HP printer. My HP Deskjet 500 does a very nice job doing
postscript. apsfilter works just fine and you can spend you money other
thinks like hard disks :-)

Josef

--
Josef Grosch        |   Another day closer to a   |    FreeBSD 2.2.1
jgrosch@sirius.com  |     Micro$oft free world    | UNIX for the masses