Date:      Thu, 15 Aug 1996 05:18:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        Peter Childs <pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au>
Cc:        tech@adn.edu.ph, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MAC to FreeBSD PPP Connection (fwd)

On Thu, 15 Aug 1996, Peter Childs wrote:

> : Hello everybody!!
>
> : I will re send this question because I did not get an answer yet!!
> : anybody here would like to help me...i'm so desperate to have a
> : a reply!!
> : Thank you again and more power to all subscriber here!!
>
> [question about mac ppp]
>
>  I read your first question but I think you're having problems with
>  the Mac side of it.   There is no problem on your ISP side or i'm
>  sure they would have noticed it.
>
>  Ask your ISP if they have any other MAC users that you can get to
>  assist you with your connection.
>
>  You'll probably find that you also need some sort of script to do
>  the login process.  If you just start talking PPP packets to most
>  ISP's it won't work, so ask your ISP if your username has actually
>  every logged on.

	Erk, I kinda hate to pop my head up here, but I had
unresolved problems with this as well...almost exactly how its
being described.

	One of my staff was having a problem with his Mac connecting
to our FreeBSD box with a single modem on it...we ended up just
switching over to using a terminal server instead, since I figured
it was a modem incompatibility...

	My Mac is in the shop, else I would re-test it, including
connecting it with a serial cable directly to my FreeBSD box...

Marc G. Fournier                                  scrappy@ki.net
Systems Administrator @ ki.net               scrappy@freebsd.org