Date:      Thu, 24 Jun 1999 19:05:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@freebsd.org (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
To:        me@freebsd.org
Cc:        garyj@fkr.dec.com, ports@freebsd.org, ports-jp@jp.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/editors/xemacs-packages - Imported sources

 * From: Michael Elbel <Michael.Elbel@consol.de>

 * Hmm, we'd need to have a mule enabled xemacs21 package as well then. You
 * can't use the mule packages without compiling xemacs mule enabled.

Oh.

 * After the creation of separate xemacs-mule ports by Kazuyuki IENAGA I've
 * been wondering if I shouldn't drop mule support in the port
 * altogether. I've kept it so far because it really isn't a lot of work to
 * support it. I'd really like to know if *anybody* is using the stock xemacs
 * port with mule.
 *
 * All in all, I'd say it isn't worth the hassle to have *two* mule-enabled
 * pre-built packages.

You are quite right.  Actually I was wondering if you two can work to
merge the two ports together.  Is it hard to make it so that
xemacs21/Makefile is capable of building both un-mule and fully
mule-enabled versions (defaulting to the former) and
xemacs21-mule/Makefile will just include it with USE_MULE defined?

 * That's just my opinion, of course. I'll leave the final decision to the
 * ports master.
 *
 * Michael

Please don't invoke me to make decisions on ports I don't even use
(sorry Ienaga-san, but emacs20 is quite good enough for me ;).

-PW