Date:      Fri, 9 Aug 1996 08:57:25 -0400
From:      Charles Green <green@fang.cs.sunyit.edu>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Willows xwin for FreeBSD

        With all the talk of willows on the list and their recent price hike I
e-mailed Willows and asked them about just marketing the windows emulator
(at a reasonable price, less than $100), here's what they had to say...

"While MANY people are using a component of our developer's toolkit as
a binary emulator, we feel it falls short of being considered of
commercial grade (no 32-bit support, slower performance than we'd like),
so we have not decided to release the binary emulator (xwin) as a
standalone product.

We make it available freely from www.willows.com, with a built in 30-45
day license key.

As we solidify our plans for releasing it as a product, we may remove
the free version from our web site, and may make the next generation
available as a stand-alone product."

It could happen...

--
Charles Green, PRC Inc.