Date:      Wed, 10 Jul 1996 21:50:14 -0700
From:      "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, jkh@time.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Some recent changes to GENERIC

Terry writes:
>This is Unix, the most sophisticated OS available.  It should support
>use of fallback drivers and dynamic loading of replacement devices
>as needed, so if they can't or won't build their own kernel, it will
>have no effect on their ability to run the system, one way or another.

Well, yeah, that's a great goal.  But, how do we solve the ATI/S3/com4
conflict and kernel bloat with the source base that exists _right_
_now_ in 2.1.5 (and/or NetBSD 1.2)?  Better ideas?

   Roll your own Internet access -- Seattle People's Internet cooperative.
                  If you're in the Seattle area, ask me how.