Date:      Sun, 15 Feb 1998 12:48:55 +0100
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@narnia.plutotech.com>
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Amanda 2.4b6 port

On Sun, Feb 15, 1998 at 12:06:58AM -0700, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:
> In article <19980214224908.62213@klemm.gtn.com> you wrote:
> >> p.s. there are still a few issues to look at with the port - --with-fqdn &
> >> mmap for a couple.  I also am looking at the tape driver PR kern/5735 that
> >> Andreas and another fellow have open which is tickled by Amanda.  c.t.
> >
> > Ouch ... I misunderstand something. The TDC 4222 seems to be ok.
> > Patrick Hausen told me, that under Linux the drive runs ok with
> > amanda. So I think it's a FreeBSD SCSI problem.
> >
> > Justin, please help ;-)
>
> Run CAM.

Would like to do so, but I build up my complete system based on
-current from last weekend including a recompile of all ports.

I tried to apply your patches to -current, but I think on one
or more files it doesn't apply cleanly. I proceeded with "fingers
crossed" ignoring the reject(s).

make depend and compile runs well. But during make I get problems.

So do you have perhaps a newer snapshot ? Or do you have an
idea/possibility to solve the amanda problem ? In the company
we have amanda, too, to backup machines. When migrating to
-FreeBSD it would be crucial to have a working amanda port.

And I wanna kick the linux machines out. The DLD version that
is installed currently allows mounting of a dirty filesys.
Such a crap ...

	Andreas ///

--
Andreas Klemm