Date:      Tue, 25 Aug 1998 10:06:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill Vermillion <bill@bilver.magicnet.net>
To:        muditha@seychelles.net (Muditha Gunatilake)
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cisco question

Muditha Gunatilake recently said:
> I have a cisco2503 router and at present we have 128k link with the
> telecom. We are trying to upgrade to 512K but the telecom guys are not
> able to provide a single 512K input due lack of some equipment. Is it
> possible to feed two 256K inputs and intergrate them to get the 512K?

You need an inverse multiplexor.   RAD makes one for spanning
as high as T1 over multiple lower channels.  They may make
one that bonds T1's together now, but I don't recall seeing one
in their catalog a year ago.

Larscom makes one that transports over multiple T1 channels to give
what would appear to the user to be fractional T3.  I saw one in
use last week but don't recall the number of T1s it supported.