Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 1996 16:16:01 +1100 (EST)
From:      Richard Samuel <rsamuel@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Would you find these things useful ?

First let me say:

	I'm not worthy ...

Good, now that I've got that off my chest, would you find either of these
contributions of value:

1)	A Sanyo CD-Rom driver. Works fine, speed is reasonable, no
	   sound support ( I reckon if you want sound, buy a walkman ).

2)	An upgraded 'ft' program for QIC-80 tape. Allows multiple
	volumes per tape. Colorado Backup for Win/DOS created volumes
	can co-reside on the tape. Bypasses seek error in device driver.
	Doesn't support volumes spanning tapes yet, but will the moment
	I need to backup something that big.

If you find either/both of these items to be useful contributions I would
be pleased to do so provided someone tells me how. Also some advice on
how to word a boilerplate, since the error-correction for the tape program
is that of the original 'ft'.

Richard Samuel
School of Engineering
Monash University - Caulfield