Date:      Sun, 23 May 1999 20:14:11 -0400
From:      "Korvus" <korvus@tasam.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   PicoBSD: /dev

I set up PicoBSD booting from a floppy on a box I have, and I ran into a
problem:  I need to be able to access the hard drive.  Pico by default has
/dev/wd0s1, /dev/wd0s1a, etc, but no /dev/wd0.  I copied over fdisk and
newfs from another box over NFS, but fdisk doesn't like any of the device
names it has.  The lack of a MAKEDEV command caused issues, and me feebly
attempting to copy MAKEDEV from another system turned out to be a very bad
idea.  Does anyone have suggestions as to how I can add a /dev/wd0?
Thanks...

      - Jeff Poole