Date:      Sat, 04 Sep 1999 18:28:20 +0300
From:      "Andy V. Oleynik" <andyo@prime.net.ua>
To:        Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Urgent! splash screen bug lives (Was: today's 3.3-RC crashes onboot)

I'm confused... Or I missunderstood smth? Did U talk
about absence of splash leading for crash? But U
have no splash in the config U sent!
Doug wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Sep 1999, Warner Losh wrote:
>
> > In message <Pine.BSF.4.10.9909031347260.61142-100000@dt010nb9.san.rr.com> Doug writes:
> > :     Anyone wanting to test this should try recompiling their kernel
> > : without that option and rebooting numerous times (at least 20).
> > : Unfortunately it's still not reproducable every time, but I'm very
> > : confident that the problem is related to that option.
> >
> > Come to think of it, I might have tried to install a screen saver as
> > well from the sysintsall (or at least configure that option).
> >
> > However, the reboot problem I had seen was 100% reproducible and was
> > due to bad hardware.
>
>         *cough* Yeah, well it looks like I may have pulled the trigger too
> soon. I just worked on the box for a while, then rebooted it for fun and
> it crashed. Same dump, same spot. I'm a little concerned that it's
> happening on two entirely different boxes, but since I have splash in the
> one that just crashed that's obviously not it. I am attaching a diff to
> rev. 1.143.2.20 of GENERIC that shows my current configuration. The only
> possibly unusual item I see is removing apm?  Otherwise this is virtually
> identical to kernel configurations I've used for years, and also to the
> other boxes we have from this vendor.
>
> Sorry for the confusion,
>
> Doug
> --
> "My mama told me, my mama said, 'don't cry.' She said, 'you're too young a man
> to have as many women you got.' I looked at my mother dear and didn't even
> crack a smile. I said, 'If women kill me, I don't mind dyin!'"
>
>     - John Belushi as "Joliet" Jake Blues, "I Don't Know"

>                      Name: newgen.diff
>    newgen.diff       Type: Plain Text (TEXT/PLAIN)
>                  Encoding: BASE64

WBW  Andy V. Oleynik        PGP key's fingerprint
prime.net.ua's              D0 1E 7B B4 33 65 49 97  9C 79 7C 64 5C 9C F3 25
system administrator
+380442448363