Date:      Mon, 05 Dec 2005 09:16:56 +0100
From:      Christian Brueffer <chris@unixpages.org>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: broadcasting a talk

--l76fUT7nc3MelDdI

On Sun, Dec 04, 2005 at 09:18:38PM -0800, Julian Elischer wrote:
> I'm going to give  a talk on Netgraph on Wednesday
> and I was wonderring if anyone had suggestions about what could be done f=
or
> broadcasting it on the net.
>=20
> Unfortunatly the old mbone/multicast system  doesn't seem to be working
> much these days so I'm guessing that we would need a server based=20
> aproach, (though
> I'd be pleased to hear otherwise)
>=20
> I have a DV camrecorder that could be used via firewire.
> anyoen have suggestions as to wha the next steps would be?
>=20
> It's not critical, just a "that would be fun" thing.
>=20
> I haven't been following what tanscoding tools are around and what could=
=20
> be used=20
> to process a DV (and sound) stream into a useable stream, and what=20
> client would
> the viewers use?
>=20

I have no idea, but could you also record it and put it up for
download somewhere afterwards?

Would also be a nice feature on the FreeBSD website :-)

- Christian

--=20
Christian Brueffer	chris@unixpages.org	brueffer@FreeBSD.org
GPG Key:	 http://people.freebsd.org/~brueffer/brueffer.key.asc
GPG Fingerprint: A5C8 2099 19FF AACA F41B  B29B 6C76 178C A0ED 982D

--l76fUT7nc3MelDdI

--l76fUT7nc3MelDdI--