Date:      Tue, 21 Jan 2003 10:12:25 -0800 (PST)
From:      Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
To:        Daniel Holmes <danielh@zorkmid.dakcs.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: acpi_cpu printf

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Daniel Holmes wrote:
> > +    printf("acpi_cpu: throttling enabled, %d steps from 100%% to %d.%d%%, "
> > +          "currently %d.%d%%\n"
>
> Personally, rather than 'enabled', how about 'available'? Using the
> word enabled might give some newbies fits when they try to figure it
> out what it means. It sounds like the throttling is already turned on.

I did change it to "available" in -current and got a lot of flak since it
is enabled (i.e. changes in power state will affect cpu throttling).  The
"currently" addition is intended to point out that even though the
throttling feature is enabled, the current speed is set to 100% (although
that could change in the future).

-Nate