Date:      Tue, 4 Feb 1997 23:25:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
To:        rnw+@andrew.cmu.edu, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: File System Quotas + sendmail

In lists.freebsd.questions you write:

>I recently enabled quotas on my various /home* file systems with great
>success (boy, are quotas a power trip :).  I was wondering what the
>effects of installing quotas on my /var/mail partition would be?
>sendmail runs as root, so would it be affected by the quota limitations?
> I'd like users who send mail to accounts on my system that exceed quota
>limits on /var/mail to receive a bounce message pointing that out -- do
>I need to do any specific configuration to get this to work right?

I submitted patches to mail.local quite some time ago -- I believe they made it
into the 2.2 tree at that time.  One note you should only run quota's on one
filesystem on your system or problems may arise (or so the common rumor seems
to be).  So you might want to move /var/mail to /home/var.mail and make
/var/mail a link..

-Crh
--

       Charles Henrich     Michigan State University     henrich@msu.edu