Date:      Wed, 20 Aug 1997 14:15:25 +0200 (MEST)
From:      Søren Schmidt <sos@sos.freebsd.dk>
To:        gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        j_mini@efn.org, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MDA and VGA memory overlaps.

> > WHAT project ??
>
> sorry..  I don't always include enough context..  I was replying to
> this part:
>
> i.e. the implied discussion of splitting the keyboard/video into
> seperate parts... and actual specs of what the team descided it should
> end up looking like...

Ahh, that has been discussed, and a general solution has also been found
years ago, check the archives way back (or check terry :) )

The problem is that there is no "real" solution to this, it always
ends up with alot of compromises, the current one being the splitout
of the keyboard stuff into kbdio.c, the rest cannot truely be seperated
if the current functionality is to be preserved. Belive me, I've been
there more times than I care about being the "father" of syscons...

Søren Schmidt               (sos@FreeBSD.org)               FreeBSD Core Team
                Even more code to hack -- will it ever end
..